Get an Early Start On the Tax Season
- Maximize any tax investment savings. Contribute as much to your 401k as possible.
- If you have a Health Savings Account, check to see if you have any money left and get it spent on qualified expenses.
- Review your 2016 tax returns to determine if you need to make any withholding adjustments.
- Get an appointment set with your insurance agent to review all your personal insurance needs. As your life changes so do your insurance needs.
- Get all your financial records organized and ready for filing. Gather receipts, proof of charitable contributions, and other tax forms into one place.
- If you have a tax preparer, set an appointment now. This is a good way to give you a deadline to complete all your necessary paperwork.
- Determine any last minute charitable contributions, and make them before the year’s end.