As we move into a new year, I hope that every insurance agent and insurance buyer thinks about how they view their relationships. Let us get away from the clever insurance advertisement’s attempts to bring our products and services down to the lowest common denominator, price, and commodity. Insurance products and services are used to build our local economies, we allow people to dream, and we help rebuild in the event of a disaster.
Therefore, here are my resolutions for 2020; I hope other agents and insurance buyers will embrace these as well.
- I will always put the needs of my client above mine.
- I will strive to educate rather than sell.
- It will be valuable to provide my clients with options.
- Insurance is a complex transaction, and I need to help my clients understand what they are buying.
- Risk management should always be part of every conversation. Identify risk, assess the risk, manage the risk, and review again.
- I will select an agent who values relationships.
- Price is not an indicator of quality.
- Buying local is like the “farm to table” of insurance.
- I will seek an agent who is qualified to manage my risks.
All of us at Kimbrell Insurance Agency truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.